Help

Re: Automation (Updating same name records across various tabs)

461 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christopher_Cli
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone. I’m a Navy Career Counselor. I am basically working as a Human Resource Manager. I have a base that tracks various data points which include contract end dates, rotation dates, etc. I have 10 tables on one base. The first tab is the Main tab which serves as an Alpha Roster and is the link to all other tabs. My conundrum with automations is that when I want to update a contract end date on my Loss table I also need that same contract end date updated on every other table for the same person but I can’t get the correct formulation and automation to run (test fails every time).

Can someone please reach out or help me? I must admit that I do not know or understand code and scripting. I’m sure with the requisite time for study I could do it but this base is live and I need to automate now. Thank you in advance for your help.

Christopher

2 Replies 2
Ibrahim_Islam1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Can you provide more details as to what the issue is?
Are you already familiar with linked records and lookup fields?

The issue is as follows:

I have a Main tab that serves as the master list of personnel. I have an additional 9 tables all with some form of tracked data. The tables specific to this issue are the tables that have a Projected Rotation Date etc. When I update that table, I want all other tables that have the person’s name to update the Projected Rotation Date. I have tried to make the automation but have failed miserably.

With respect to linked records and lookup fields, I tried the lookup fields but all it gives is the fields in the various tabs, which, in my humble opinion, is contrary to an automated process. I want to be able to update one field and have all other fields that meet the requirements updated as well.

(I update the PRD on one table and via automation, all other PRD fields on my base get updated as well. I only have one base).

I hope that clears it up for you in your endeavors to help out an old man. :slightly_smiling_face: