799 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Russell
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. I have a Zebra DS4208 USB scanner. I intend to scan data one of my tables in my base. You can program the scanner to pass commands to the application you are scanning to. For example in Excel you can have it do a carriage return so when you scan into a cell it goes to the next cell and is ready for the next scan.

I have used the scanner and can successfully scan data into a table in my base using my laptop. The problem I have is the command to create a new record is . In my research it appears that the Zebra Scanner will not pass the command. Just trying to avoid having to after every scan.

Thanks,

Brian

3 Replies 3
Chris_Scott
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Did anyone else have this issue or have recommendations on how to use Enterprise grade scanners with airtable?

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Not sure exactly how that scanner works, but sounds like you want to scan a barcode and create/update a record? If that’s the case, then you can use this extension which supports scanning barcodes and creating multiple records, one after another.

Wow, @Moe, this looks like a truly amazing breakthrough in barcode scanning for Airtable! This is incredible! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: :raised_hands: Congratulations on creating this tool, and thank you for letting us know about it! You already had all the best Airtable barcode scanning tools available, but this one takes it to the next level! In all honesty, I don’t know how anyone could use barcode scanning in Airtable WITHOUT your tools.