2897 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bokning_SoundLe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We’re building a project management with Airtable and it works really great handling most of our workflow.
A part of it is a rental booking system with an inventory and booking orders on specified items.
I’m having a hard time figuring out how to get the items noted as booked on specific dates so that it shows if you try to book the same item on the same date.
Has anyone experience from the same kind of setup?

12 Replies 12
Bokning_SoundLe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for your help!

I’m still not there yet…

The latest thoughts are that it would be great to automatically create a table with dates as a primary field.
On these dates are noted where a specific number of items are booked.
When a new booking is made the numbers are added to that table and a warning goes out when that number exceeds what we have in stock.

Does someone have an idea how to do this?

arne_nori
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

hi! as this is about 4 month old i wanted to ask if you made any progress? because we are building a pretty similar system to track our video equipment as well … and im stmbling over a lot of things … starting with how to create a booking in the first place. i mean with a simple interface and not with a lot of manual data entry and stuff …
maybe you can lighten my confusion, if this is possible at all … or if this would have to be handled by some external application that uses airtable in the background? or if airtable is the wrong approach in the first place

thanks, cheers, arne

Take a look at the solution proposed in this reply and the base it references. It should give you the framework for a booking system you can modify for your own needs.

That said, I’m not sure exactly what you mean by “not with a lot of manual data entry and stuff…” If you’re referring to information pertaining to the video equipment itself, that would ordinarily reside in the [Equipment] table (or whatever you call it), where it would either have to be manually entered once or imported from an existing system. If you mean information on the customer/client/member booking the equipment, the answer is the same, except the data would be stored in the [customer/client/member] table, depending what sort of organization you describe. If you mean information about the booking itself, the base described in that link officially requires only two additional pieces of data to create a booking: the {StartDate} and the {EndDate}; everything else is optional.

I’d be happy to discuss how best to grow the example base into a full-fledged application; if you’re interested, PM me (click on my name and then select ‘message’).