cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Irwin
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Folks,

Is there a nifty way to bulk update records with new data? I have all the data I want to add in a spreadsheet and the spreadsheet has a column with the record id the new data should go into.

If it matters the cell that needs updating is a multi-select one, but currently its blank (in the future I’ll need to add data to the cell without overwriting existing data).

Thanks!

6 Replies 6
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Dan_Irwin!

I am actually doing this myself. I also, set up drop down menus in my Google sheets. It’s really quite helpful.

The best way that I found to do bulk updating, especially if there are a lot of records, is try using Integronat. It’s quite simple and easy, especially if it’s a simple scenario.

I would recommend Integromat, at this time, over Make (same company, just updated version).

There are still some bugs that need to be resolved in Make.

Mary

Dan_Irwin

Thanks! That worked like a gem

Question for the future: Is way in Integromat to append information to the cell rather than overwrite it?

The easiest way to do this is to use Airtable’s Batch Update app:

Hi @Dan_Irwin!

I am glad it worked!

Interns of your most recent question, you could try using one of the functions in Airtable—Upsert. I have not used it before, in Integromat, so I don’t have any working knowledge.

I would do some research and see what you can find out and perhaps use a sandbox in Airtable, for test trials.

Mary

Hi @ScottWorld!

Great to know!!

Thanks for telling us!

I did not even know about this app!

Mary

@M_k

Yes, the upsert function is a fantastic time-saving module that Integromat (aka Make.com) created specifically for Airtable.

It updates an existing record if the record exists. Otherwise, it creates a new record. It is a great way to save time, save operations, and takes the burden off your own shoulders from creating this sort of complicated logic in your scenario.

You can read more about it here: Airtable