Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Calculate separate rows in same table

Topic Labels: Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
772 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jezz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I’m trying to find a way of calculating the difference between two values within the same field but in different records within the same table as per the image below. I have read many similar questions and answers but they always appear to be over complicated, although most have been from a few years ago. I am hoping therefore, Airtable might have introduce a simple way of carrying out this calculation and hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Just to clarify what I’m trying to achieve, I am tracking the weight (plus lots of other info) of our new puppy and want the ‘difference’ field to calculate the difference between his current weight versus his previous weight.

IMG_0303.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Colina
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Jezz! If you create a Linked record field that connects the Weight table to itself, you can designate a record as the previous weigh-in. Then, add a Lookup field to the "Weight (Kg's)" field and reconfigure your "Difference" field formula to subtract the "Weight (Kg's)" of the last weigh-in from the "Weight (Kg's)" of the record.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Josh_Colina
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Jezz! If you create a Linked record field that connects the Weight table to itself, you can designate a record as the previous weigh-in. Then, add a Lookup field to the "Weight (Kg's)" field and reconfigure your "Difference" field formula to subtract the "Weight (Kg's)" of the last weigh-in from the "Weight (Kg's)" of the record.

Thanks very much Josh.