Help

Re: Calendar - Adding stand-alone events?

347 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anny_Celsi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m building a production calendar for a podcast. The Episodes are built on cards in Gallery view. The date fields are all episode-based, so there are fields for “interview date,” “delivery,” “air date” and so on, which end up on the Calendar.

How do I add items to calendar that are not tied to an Episode?
Specifically, I want to note the dates that our Host is not available to work with us. I can’t add those dates to the calendar without a Date Field, and I don’t know where to put that Date Field and how to input multiple dates. When I add it to the calendar manually with a new date field I invented, it creates a separate card for each event.

There’s probably a stupid easy way to do this, but I’m new to Airtable and I can’t find an answer anywhere. Your suggestions are appreciated!

Anny

2 Replies 2

Calendar views are tied to one table. If it doesn’t make sense to store these extra dates in the same table, you’ll need a separate table.

That means you won’t be able to see them on the same calendar, unless you use the Master Calendar App. Since you’re only looking at two tables, you might not need the premium version of MC (unless you want to directly edit event times through the interface).

Hi @Kamille_Parks!

What a great app!

Very simple and elegant.

Mary