1231 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramsey_Stonebur
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a phone-log table with times of phone calls organized by date. Sometimes there are multiple calls to the same numbers for each date. I have a field that shows the length of the calls. Is it possible to TALLY or ADD the total duration of all calls to one number? Right now my calendar looks like:
0:05
0:18
0:03
0:28
1:05
0:04
When I would prefer to just have one entry saying: 2:05 – Is this possible?

Help me fight a corrupt mortgage company - https://gofund.me/7542ee8b
1 Reply 1

Hello @Ramsey_Stoneburner!

This is definitely possible in a couple of ways, depending on what works best for your workflow. With a little table restructuring you could do this with three tables in on base. The first table would track Dates:
Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 2.29.49 PM

The second table for would track individual phone calls (one field linking to the date and one field linking to the phone numbers table) with a duration for each call:
Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 2.31.10 PM

The third table would track each phone number and include a total duration of the call:
Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 2.33.43 PM

The Total Call Duration field is a Rollup field that sums up the duration of all the calls:
Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 2.34.16 PM

If you’d like to learn more about this kind of table structure I recommend reading our article on Joins tables.

Another possible workflow could be achieved using Airtable Automations to update an existing phone number record’s total call duration if it already exists in a table.

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .