Help

Calendar use case : 1 training, with 3 dates and 3 coach : how do you get each coach planning?

Topic Labels: Views
Solved
Jump to Solution
1324 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arnaud_WAENDEND
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone !

Here is my issue : I have to manage the planning of different training session.
For each session (ie : each entry), I have 3 dates, and each date has a trainer :

Training A / Date 1 / Trainer 1 / Date 2 / Trainer 2 / Date 3 / Trainer 3
Training B / Date 1 / Trainer 1 / Date 2 / Trainer 2 / Date 3 / Trainer 3

Each trainer can be on different session, and different dates.

In the end : how can you get a personal planning for each trainer ? :thinking:

Since filters apply to the whole entry, I have difficulties to keep only the date related to a specific trainer.

I suspect I may have put my hands in the script blocks but if you have a workaround, I’ll take it !

Thanks !

Arnaud

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You would need to separate your Date/Trainer pairs into their own table, so each Date/Trainer pair becomes their own record in a new table. Then, you can create your calendar from that new table.

Back in your main table, you would link each session to multiple Date/Trainer pairs in the new table. But your calendar would be generated from your new table.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. If not, please let me know what else you need help with! :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You would need to separate your Date/Trainer pairs into their own table, so each Date/Trainer pair becomes their own record in a new table. Then, you can create your calendar from that new table.

Back in your main table, you would link each session to multiple Date/Trainer pairs in the new table. But your calendar would be generated from your new table.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. If not, please let me know what else you need help with! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Scott !

Thanks for your help ! :thumbs_up:

Not sure that I understand completely : you mean having 3 tables ?

• training
  • trainer
  • date

I already have the 2 first tables and since date where computed (actually in my use case, I have 12 dates with a regular pattern) I do not have a third one for that.
And I need to be able to change the trainer who was planned at a certain date.
I therefore cannot pair trainer and date in a single cell.

My guess is that I would need a script that would copy/paste in a new table the pair Trainer / Date and run it every time the planning has changed.
I think this is the only solution to get this pair in a dynamic way.

Am I right ?

No, you would have 2 tables:

1. Training Packages
  2. Sessions

In your sessions table, you would have 2 fields: date and trainer.

Yes, it is what I thought : if I want to have this, either I do it manually (which won’t be sustainable due to the large number of sessions), either I need to write a script to split from the sessions.
I somehow hoped that there was a workaround !

Thanks @ScottWorld !

You’re welcome! Please mark one of my comments as the solution, which will help others in the future who have this same question! :slightly_smiling_face: