744 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edward_Gavitt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all, trying to build a table for instrument rentals at my workspace. I posted about this elsewhere thinking my answer lied with automations and formulas but maybe calendar view is my answer?

We basically rent instruments to students like a library would a book. I want students to be able to submit a form requesting an instrument, they select a request date and I have a formula that calculates the due date as 14 days past that. I would like instruments to be marked unavailable when requested, this needs to function in relation to the current date (ie, instrument requested for Sept 15-29, today is the 20th, so it should show unavailable) as well as to a future date (don’t want students to double book an instrument say, for October 15th).

Would calendar interact with a form in such way and allow me to do such a thing?

3 Replies 3
Edward_Gavitt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Oh my god! @Kamille_Parks saving me again and this time without a response, I did some searching and found the No-Conflict script and this literally does the job I need it to do.

For reference: Asset Reservations: No Double-Booking - #8 by Kamille_Parks

I guess now I need to know how to implement this in a form for students to view without showing them the base? Is there a way to do that?

Your form will have a button to share it without granting access to your Base.

Hey @Vivid-Squid, thanks for the response, but I’m not referring to sharing a form, but sharing the script I referenced above as a page that would look like a form, the right part of the screen in the attached screenshot
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 12.26.36 PM