Help

Re: Can I have one table populate from another conditionally?

799 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebecca_Shmukle
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a table where each record is a referral.

One of the fields in this table is a single-select field called Status. One of the options to select is “INTAKE.”

What I want is for the record to populate a second table, called Intakes, only if INTAKE is selected from the single-select list.

Is this possible? If so, how??

Thank you in advance!

5 Replies 5

This isn’t possible directly in Airtable - but is simple to do using Zapier. You would trigger the Zap based on a new record in view (filtered by Status = Intake).

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I had not heard of Zapier but I’m reading about it now and wow, it sounds great. So to do what you suggest, what other app would I be connecting Airtable to in order to do what I’m trying to do?

No other app needed. You’d be doing an Airtable to Airtable zap. Zapier reads from Airtable in one spot, and then writes to Airtable in another spot.

Got it. Ok, I am on the road I think…I’m having a hard time setting up this Zap, hopefully I’ll figure it out because it seems like this is just what I need! Thanks for the suggestion and the help!

Once you get the hang of Zapier it’s pretty simple - here’s how to do this one:

1. Create a View in your Referral table to filter only those records marked as Intake:

Screenshot 2018-10-11 at 15.57.32.png

1. In Zapier Choose Airtable as the trigger app and New Record in View - set it up like this:

Screenshot 2018-10-11 at 15.56.33.png

1. Create an Action Step (again Airtable) - Create Record and set it up like this:

Screenshot 2018-10-11 at 15.57.02.png

As you go through you have to test each step - so you need to have at least one Referral marked as Intake (and hence in your view).

I hope that helps??