1688 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martha_Creedon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Can we either delete the notifications altogether, or, failing that, could there be some way to indicate there are unread notifications? The way it is, I can see from the table view that there are notifications, but as they pile up, I pretty much no longer care to know about them. Thx!

5dd2b9b3a1db66472eda44a5963e3be483a7a0f0.png

14 Replies 14

Thanks for your feedback. It seems like the core of the problem is that the little comment bubbles are taking up unnecessary space on the table view when you no longer really need to see them. There are a number of potential solutions for this issue (assuming this is, in fact, your issue!). Would you prefer notifications to be able to be deleted (presumably only by someone with the highest editing privileges)? Would you want there to be some sort of global option where you could check/uncheck a box that would hide all comment/notification bubbles on the table view? Would you want there to be a little bubble, but only for unread comments, which would go away after you read it? Something else?

Martha_Creedon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It’s the comment bubbles, yes, but also to minimize clutter on the activity records as well. We’re thinking of using notifications in order to alert one another of a change on a record (specifically, a schedule change). That may ultimately be the “real” problem.

To answer your questions:

1. Would you prefer notifications to be able to be deleted (presumably only by someone with the highest editing privileges)?
    [MC] I like this option. The only way I know of to clean it all out right now seems to be to copy the whole database to a new one. I would think that an individual could delete his or her own, and maybe “highest” priv can delete anyone’s.
  2. Would you want there to be some sort of global option where you could check/uncheck a box that would hide all comment/notification bubbles on the table view?
    [MC] I always like control over what displays, but understand that introducing too many options starts to complicate your product. Some will want it globally, others will want it system-wide, others will want one to override the other, and we all want it both ways :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:
  3. Would you want there to be a little bubble, but only for unread comments, which would go away after you read it?
    [MC] I think this would be helpful, but realistically we’d probably need to flip it on and off, like email options that allow you to read something but then put it back to unread status.
  4. Something else?
    [MC] Not really. I think (1) is probably the best option. I rather think of notifications as their own database and would like to be able to delete them.

Thanks very much.

Michael_Wallace
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Edit** Thankfully the function to delete comments and toggle track changes within the record view works well.

Thanks!

To be clear, you can turn off revision history entirely:

Record-level revision history overview

Record-level revision history is an overview of the changes made to each record over time. You can see the record-level revision history inside each record's activity feed when a record is expanded...

This doesn’t affect comments; those can be deleted individually by the person who posted them.

Hi Katherine,

Can you let me know how to remove the notification for read comments? It is one of the last things you mentioned in your original response to this thread.

We like the little notification bubble, but we’d like it to go away once we see the comment. Right now there’s a little bubble with a number in it and it’s not nearly as helpful

Thank you!
Matt

Jim_Hallihan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Was there ever a solution to this. The air bubble that notifies you that you have a new comment. Once a comment is read it would be nice to have it go back to zero so the team lead can look to see when new comments come in as opposed to an aggregate number. Is there a way to do that?

Hi Howie, The notification bubble for a comment still remains after the comment has been read and I have not figured out how to reset to zero (and make them go away). As a result, the notification bubbles are just a counterproductive annoyance in an otherwise intuitive, easy-to-use app. Is there a solution you know of?

Bridie_Easton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has anyone had an answer to this from @Airtable

I am having the same issue.

The notifications have been read but are still showing in the bubble which is counter productive as human nature will mean that these start to be ignored.

Alexandra_CD
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Just adding a “me too” to this one, I’m trying to find a way to clear out the comment bubbles which are not helpful once comments have been read.