1188 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janis_Hicks
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

New user trying to make something happen. I can print .pdf attachments, which opens a browser window. But I can’t print .docx - it opens in the box viewer but doesn’t go through to the browser like the pdf. Which is kind of expected, but why doesn’t it open Word then like it opens the browser?

I’m sure it’s something dumb, but for now we are just uploading .pdfs. Which is not a terrible thing IMO.

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, Janis! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: This is just a hunch, but I think it’s a limitation of the Box viewer used to preview attachments. It’s apparently designed to print PDF files, but not .docx files. You’d have to ask the Box viewer developers about that.

It’s not opening a browser. The Box viewer is an embedded component of the Airtable application, and has no knowledge of your desktop software, so it can’t open Word or any other application you may have installed. Airtable likely has a license to include the viewer, but they have no control over what the viewer can or cannot do.