1184 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cornelia_Haggar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a dictionary type database with lots of definitions for one word. Plus there are tons of words so using the chart function doesn’t help since I don’t think i can select which words to chart. What is the best way , or is there a way to find out which word has the most definitions??

thanks!
Cornelia

4 Replies 4

That depends on the design of your base. If you have a [Words] table, with each word record linking to definitions from a [Definitions] table, you could add a field in [Words] that counts the number of linked definitions, then sort by that count field.

Unfortunately no, it’s list a plan text field with the deinition as another text. I suppose I can export to Excel but I hate Excel with a passion which is why I use Airtable.

Cornelia

There may be a way to convert what you’ve got into the more robust two-table system I outlined above. If you’d like help with the process, message me and I’ll see what I can do.

I’ll let you know. I was just looking at the pivot table block and I think that is going to help me get what I need. I have a different database that does the linking and I don’t like that for this database.

thanks!

Cornelia