Help

Clean up "Billable Collaborators" view when user goes from base access to Workspace access.

Topic Labels: Collaboration
236 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasmine_Ruth1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We used to have all of our employees invited to each base as a user rather than the workspace because we had some bases with sensitive info. We've now moved the sensitive bases to a new workspace and invited all of our employees to the workspace so they have access to everything. However, when we go under Account > Base Collaborators it still shows all of the individual bases that they were originally added to. For managing access it's much nicer to just see who has access to the whole workspace and who has access to only some individual bases as we still have some people that only need base access.

It seems the only way to clean this up would be to remove the workspace access, then painfully remove access for each individual on each of the probably over 100 bases we have, then re-grant access to the workspace. Is there any other way to fix this? To Airtable, suggestion that if someone goes from base access to the workspace access to clean up the view for us.

4 Replies 4
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

You would need to use a script to do this.

1. For a workspace get all the bases in that workspace
  2. For each base, get all the base collaborators
  3. For each base collaborator remove them as a base collaborator

This would leave you with just workspace level collaborators.  You would then need to add people to bases as needed.

Hmm, I think only Enterprise plans have access to the permissions related APIs, and so if you're not on Enterprise you might have to do it manually I'm afraid

Jasmine_Ruth1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Dan_Montoya I did look at how to run a script but I'm not a tech so wasn't able to find this. I ended up having to manually go into each and every single airtable base and removing all the base level collaborators. This then made them show as a Workspace collaborator, but the amount of time this took was painful. While Airtable has been expanding features in amazing ways, the company seems to be lacking in the area of users/levels/permissions/collaborators etc with not a lot of help to do seemingly simple things to make managing user access better. Just my two cents.

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features are available on the Enterprise plan.

https://airtable.com/developers/web/api/update-collaborator-base-permission