cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dennis_Petrou
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello!

I have a list of songs, and i would like to invite outside collaborators to rate each song.

I know there is a Rating field, but I’m not sure if there is a way to let multiple people rate the same record and then view the results.

Is there a way to create a “poll” to allow many people to rate each song, then I can see the total number of ratings and the overall average rating?

Thanks for any and all suggestions…

2 Replies 2
Jono_Prest
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Dennis_Petrou

I think the best way to do this would be to create a new table to collect ratings. The table should have a linked field to the table containing the list of songs as well as a rating field. You can then send people a form or give them access to this table where they can create a record with a rating and link it to a song.

In the songs table you can use roll up fields to calculate averages and totals of ratings.

You can also group your ratings table by the song they are linked to and you will see the spread of ratings on each song and you can change the aggregation settings in the group headers to see averages/totals/whatever stats you need.

How would people do the rating? I'd like users to go through a list of records and rate each of them. Would you do this in an interface or form?