581 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susannah_Burley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I use Airtable for running a nonprofit. I have numerous volunteers (tracked on volunteer workspace) who are also donors (tracked on donor workspace). How can I look up one donor and see all of their information- days volunteered, amount donated, etc. Can I view this in one space?

3 Replies 3

Hi @Susannah_Burley - when you say “workspace” I’m guessing you mean “base”, i.e. you have one base for volunteers and one for donors - is that right?

The short answer is that you can’t directly lookup data from different bases. It might be possible to do something with a web automation tool, like Zapier, e.g. send data from one base to another, but this is likely to be a bit messy.

The ideal way (and I appreciate that it might not be an option for you at this point) would be to have all of the data in the same base. If I was building this base fro scratch I would have a “people” table, a “donors” table and a “volunteers” table. Donors and volunteers would link to “people” and then you would be able to lookup or rollup data from donors and volunteers into people to get the full picture of their donations and volunteering.

JB

Or “donations” instead of “donors” and “volunteerings” (if that’s a word) instead of volunteers - both linking to people as before.

Susannah_Burley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks, Jonathan. I’m going to give that a try. We haven’t committed to Air Table yet. When in a trial period to see if this is the right place for us. Your info is incredibly helpful, though, and we’ll certainly try and see if it works.