3874 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parth_Chokshi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have one table with header as Field Name and the values in the column as First Name, Last Name and Address. I want to create another table with values from that column. So another table will have header as First Name, Last Name, etc. And I will be adding rows of data in another table then. Is this possible?

5 Replies 5

You could copy and paste the names one by one as you make new fields in the second table, but there’s no way to automatically take field data from a bunch of records in one table and turn them into field labels in another. The row of field headers may look like a stylized header row in a spreadsheet, but it’s structurally very different. Field headers can only be manually modified, and only individually.

This sounds very strange to me, what are you trying to achieve? Could you give us more information, even screenshots?

Victoria_HR
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was wondering if we can copy just headers into a new table. I don’t need all the column information from a previous table, but would love to just be able to create a new table off the template of the old one.

Welcome to the community, @Victoria_HR! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Right-click on a table tab, choose “Duplicate table,” then deselect the “Duplicate records” option in the popup. This will make a new table with the same fields as the original, but no records. Is that what you want?

Getting back to the topic of the original thread, the ability to create tables and fields programmatically was added to the scripting system earlier this year. With that, it’s possible to do what @Parth_Chokshi asked about and take record data from one table and use it to create fields in a new table.

Yes! That helps alot :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Thank you!