cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arnau_Lamarca
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

I don’t know exactly whether this question goes here or under table design but see below my challenge.

On my base I have different tables but the main ones are contacts and projects. Under contacts I have all person details, emails, etc and use these to send automated emails etc. My table projects I have different views and the Kanban I currently have is ‘stage’ view. We are growing quite fast and, now I would like to have a Kanban view which stacks the projects that certain people in ‘contacts’ table are running but to do this I would need to create a ‘single select’ field. This would duplicate my work as I already assign the project to a contact, linking the tables and running automations in the background. Just checking in to see if anyone can think of a smart way to stack / group by contact if that makes sense.

Thanks in advance,
Arnau

3 Replies 3

Hi @Arnau_Lamarca ,

Welcome back to Airtable Community !

As you said, a Kanban view requires a single select field. The reason for that is when you move a card from one stack to another it would change the “status” of that card.

You would need to use a 3rd party app like Stacker or Softr to do something not quite the same but very close.

@Arnau_Lamarca As you said, the only native Airtable solution would be to duplicate your work. You could create an automation that automatically copies the value from your other field into a single-select field.

Arnau_Lamarca
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for getting back to me @Mohamed_Swellam and @ScottWorld , I will explore both of your options a bit further and let you know!