Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mentor_tester
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am trying to create a mentoring application. So it has :

1. Users
  2. Mentors adding their availability slots ( as Date/Time)
  3. Mentees seeking mentoring sessions (as Date/Time)
  4. Based on a match from step 3 above, send email with google meet link

So far Ive been able to setup 1 as a table.
Also 2 and 3 above as forms.
For the 4 point above, how can I setup a table with Mentor, Mentee and the Date/Time where availability equals the requested time frame ?

6 Replies 6
mentor_tester

Requesting the wizards @ScottWorld @Mohamed_Swellam for help here :smiling_face_with_halo:

You can only match natively in Airtable if you show the mentees the time slots that mentors have already chosen, and then the mentees can select from one of those pre-chosen time slots.

Otherwise, to handle more complex matching requirements, you would need to write your own custom Javascripts or use an automation platform like Make.com.

Same thing with creating a Google Meet meeting — you would need to write a Javascript for this or use an external automation platform such as Make.com.

Hi @mentor_tester ,

Following @ScottWorld 's reply, unless you do some scripting this is not possible. The alternative is to show the mentees the time slots pre defined by the mentors where they can book them from a calendar view.

mentor_tester

Thanks a bunch @Mohamed_Swellam and @ScottWorld for the swift response. I believe I missed out a couple of details and samples. I have tried to get the response from both (mentor and mentee) forms in one table. The only pending part is setting up a way to ensure:

When Condition A and Condition B is met, then CREATE a new row with the details AND SET STATUS to MATCHFOUND

Reference image below:

communityquestion

What I have tried:

1. I tried creating views but it doesnt have dynamic filters to check for date column or MentorIDfromURL column
  2. I tried creating “Automation” but it also doesnt have dynamic filters for a column name and requires static values.

So none of the above helped .
Can you please help me with this piece? :pray:

That is exactly what needs scripting. Basically each record is its own data and you cannot link them except with a script .

Thanks for the pointers @Mohamed_Swellam .