660 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elise_James
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We’ve been using the “Created Time” fields, but I’m also needing a way to record when the record was last updated without having to manually adjust this every day. Does anyone know of a way this would be possible? Is there a formula that would work? Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Hi @Elise_James,

This feature isn’t actually available right now in Airtable, but I feel like I remember seeing it in beta recently. I don’t see the feature now in the bases I have registered for Airtable’s beta features, but I distinctly remember seeing a new field type for that which allowed you to select either a specific field to watch for edits, or else any field for edits, and provide a timestamp whenever new edits were made to the field/fields watched.

I have a feeling this is likely coming soon :slightly_smiling_face: (but again, I could be wrong)

Eric_Jesme
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I would also like this functionality to allow us to be able to find old stagnant entries and ask owners for updates. Would be very useful. The data exists because it is shown in the Revision History / Activity section of the record. Just need a field function / date type that pulls the data into the table.

Thanks, @Jeremy_Oglesby! Do you happen to know if there is a link we can be watching for the coming beta features?

Looks like this feature has exited beta and now waiting on implementation. Last info shown in the Product Suggestions forum under Last Modified Time topic.

It’s been a while since they said it has exited beta. It would be nice if they provide any rough ETA for it’s implementation.