460 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bruce_Horwitz
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Greetings Team, OK - Airtable Date Time values are confusing the daylights out of me. I do realize that Airtable likes to present datetime values in local timezone but to run incorrect math by using incorrect hours in GMT, even when we’ve explicitly set the values to local. What I can do in Excel in literally 1 minute has taken me hours and I’m still lost.

For example, TODAY() with 24 hours turned on shows up as 3/4/21 16:00. Why 16:00 when I’m in PST? Today() should be set to the start of today at 00:00, no other random number will do.

OK - then I try with the crazy SET_TIMEZONE examples (just to get today to behave).
DATETIME_FORMAT(SET_TIMEZONE(TODAY(),‘America/Los_Angeles’),‘DD/M/YY HH:mm’). The result is still 3/4/21 16:00.

My problem is that these random hour shifts mean that orders placed on 2/16/2021 at 8:52 am are being treated as placed on 2/17. I’ve tried the DateAdd formula and subtracted hours only to realize that Airtable doesn’t take the modified values. It’s still working with it’s GMT hours. At no point are we ever using multiple timezones as we are a local delivery service.

NOW() is not a great solution either as I don’t want hours incrementing. I just need days to behave like they do in Google Sheets and Excel. I see this is a bug going on 4 years now.

0 Replies 0