Help

Re: DATETIME_PARSE does not recognize my datestring!

1655 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SANTIAGO_GARCIA
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there! I’ve been using DATETIME_PARSE for some time now to convert outputs (datetime strings) from formulas into dates with format but now DATETIME_PARSE is not working anymore. I don´t know if Airtable has made any updates around this function recently?

Just to give a further context, I use DATETIME_PARSE to convert datetime strings (with this format ‘DD/MM/YYYY’) resulting from a formula into Dates with a format that Airtable can read in order to compare them with other dates (these dates have the Airtable format). DATETIME_PARSE used to convert them into comparable dates but now the formula says #ERROR! all the time.

If any of you know about any updates Airtable made around this formula or instead knows how I could solve this problema please let me know!! I’ve already tried 1.000 different things :frowning:

Thank you for your time!!!

10 Replies 10
Vik_Arrieta
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m having the same issue here, same string DD/MM/YYYY. Result is #ERROR! and it just doesn’t make sense. Did you find any other solution?

If your date string is in any other format besides the U.S. date string format of MM/DD/YYYY, then you need to specifically tell the DATETIME_PARSE function what format you are using.

So, your formula would need to look something like this:

DATETIME_PARSE('31/12/2020','DD/MM/YYYY')

or

DATETIME_PARSE({Date_Field},'DD/MM/YYYY')

Ignacio_Arrieta
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Scott!

We tried. It doesn’t work, even specifying the format it returns “error”. Is like the function is ‘broken’ somehow.

I hope someone in the Airtable team can check this out soon. I need to make some calendars!

What is your formula?

Sorry Scott! I think it’s about how I constructed the tables, timezone probably in conflict somehow.
Still, sometimes the datetime parse function won’t “parse” the string as a date.

Since I redo a lot of the tables, I’ll be alert on catching an example for you. Now I don’t have any.
Thanks!!

Laxisfox

It is a joke or the problem is always the same after 2 years??? This program would be so great if they care of the customer problem…

No, this is not a problem in Airtable, and has never been a problem in Airtable.

The input needs to be a text string, and the output from DATETIME_PARSE will be a date.

The fact you have to pass systematically by a second column for each date column is a problem.

What specifically are you talking about? What are you trying to do that you can’t do with one column? Try not to be so cryptic so people can actually try to help you.

Same problem.

I'm pulling a date in a lookup field and need it to be recognizable as a date for automation. 

NameEnd Date End Date LookupFormatted Date
DescriptionLookup Source Lookup DateParse Function
SettingsTime is Off Time is OffTime is Off
   Tried same TZ on & offTried same TZ on & off
 Timezone is Hidden Timezone is HiddenTimezone is Hidden
 Local Date Format Local Date FormatLocal Date Format
Formula   DATETIME_PARSE({End Date Lookup},'MM/DD/YYYY')
Output/Text6/14/2023 6/14/2023#ERROR!