912 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joey_Katzen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a field I want to always have filled with default text. I’ve configured the field in my view to be “prefilled” with some text by default.

(This works fine when I manually add new rows inside AirTable… the field gets prefilled.)

However, when I use the Web Clipper block, that field doesn’t get prefilled. Web Clipper also doesn’t allow me to add a fixed piece of data to every new field I add using it.

Any recommendations?

2 Replies 2
Pete
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey Joey – at the moment (as you’re aware) default values set from a field’s configuration menu don’t apply to records added by form or web clipper block. This is something we’d like to eventually improve, but don’t have a timeline for doing so.

What type of field are you populating via the web clipper block for which you’d like the default value to apply? Happy to log this as a request with the team.

Thanks.

Joey_Katzen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I needed to add a bcc email address field that will have identical data in every record (to overcome a limitation of the SendGrid block).

I figured out your recommendation in another of my posts to use the email address as a formula, rather than as a text field with automatic prefill, and that appears to work for this use case!