1193 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joey_Katzen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I implemented the SendGrid block to send a handful of emails to records using the email address in them.

However, I’d like to BCC every one of these to my own Gmail, so that I can have a record of the first email sent if/when a reply comes in.

The only way, it seems, I can do this is if I create a column (perhaps called “Bcc”) and fill it with my email address. This is really duplicative.

Is there another trick I can use?

(Note: Making this field “prefill” with default text doesn’t work for me, because when the row is created using the Web Clipper block, the default “prefill” configuration is apparently ignored.)

2 Replies 2
Pete
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey Joey,

Here, I think creating a BCC column with your email address is the way to go. However, you should be able to make it a formula field with a function that is simply “your email address”

i.e. “support@airtable.com

Does this help?

Joey_Katzen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey Pete.

The column is how I’ve done it, but I dislike it because (a) it’s just extraneous data duplicated in every record that shouldn’t be necessary, and (b) it doesn’t prefill when I add a new row using Web Clipper (the main practical problem).

Can you explain the formula field idea? Does that prevent me from needing to add a data point for each record?

Thanks for chiming in.

BTW, here’s another post I added asking/complaining about the WebClipper prefill issue: