783 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_Leong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to make a list of options and want to disable a checkbox in only certain fields. I want to disable certain views but not others.

4 Replies 4

Could you clarify what you mean by wanting to disable a checkbox? Do you want to “lock” cells in a checkbox field by making it so you cannot change the empty/checked box after it’s been locked? Or are you trying to make it so that some records don’t have a checkbox at all (empty or otherwise)? Who is doing the checking/unchecking in your use case?

Also, could you clarify what you mean by disabling a view? What are you trying to accomplish? Is wanting to disable views is related to your desire to disable checkboxes? Are you trying to make it so that a view’s settings cannot be changed? Are you trying to make it so that certain views cannot be accessed?

I think @Kevin_Leong wants to have a multi-select field and a checkbox field, and the ability to “disable” the checkbox on a per-record basis depending on which options are chosen in the multi-select field.

This most likely means: If Options A, B, and C are selected, make the checkbox unchecked. If only some or none of those options are selected, make the checkbox checked. Or vice versa. (hint, hint, I would looooooove if this were a feature)

If I’ve interpreted the question correctly, the answer to your question is: kind of. You would not use a Checkbox field type, but a Formula field type with an IF() statement where the true value equals “[✓]” and the false value equals “” (blank)

Kevin_Leong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes that will work for some of them but how do I select certain checkboxes to be disabled so that that option is not even possible to click on it. I want to be able to select which options are available and make some of the cells disabled.

Unfortunately, that’s not possible. Checkbox fields can’t be disabled.

Since Formula fields can’t be edited, and just calculate on their own without user input, they would be your best bet until such a feature is added