Help

Display a list of choices from a linked record dependending on another field (single select)

330 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rednach
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi !

I'm new to Airtable and I created a base to help me manage some operations for a car rental company that operates in 2 cities.

I have 3 tables with the same single select field (City : A or B) 

The tables are : Cars, drivers and Missions.

The Missions table contains several fields including the city (A or B) and linked records fields to the Cars table and to the drivers table.

What I want is In the Missions Table, when I select a city (city A) and then I want to choose the car, it only displays in the list the cars that also have the same city (A) in its single select field for the city, and also for the drivers to diplay only the ones in the same city (A).

I don't want to create 2 different tables (one for city A and another for city B) and link the records to views in the cars and drivers tables.

Is there a straightforward way to do it without changing the structure of the table ?

Rednach_1-1722025780639.png

1 Reply 1
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I don't think that's possible with a single select field I'm afraid

If you're open to creating a new table called "Cities" and converting your existing city single select fields to linked fields to the new table, you could use dynamic link filtering which would do what you need though!

https://support.airtable.com/docs/dynamic-filtering-in-linked-record-fields

Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 11.28.33 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 11.28.29 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 11.28.26 AM.png

Link to base