552 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashley_Gish
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey y’all – I am working on a local school board campaign and looking to map both the precinct locations in our district as well as our yard sign locations to make sure we’re balancing visibility across the district. I’ve got a Precinct table with address, # of registered voters, # of voters in our universe, etc. as well as a Signs table with address, location type, sign size, etc. I’ve already created an Map app block to display sign locations which is working great, but I’d love to pull in the precinct locations onto the same map block so that we can visualize around those locations. Is this possible? Suggestions on how to do it?

My clunky workaround is that I’ve just been adding the precincts in as sign locations and making them a different location type and color coding the markers, but I’d love to have a cleaner experience that maintains the precinct name from the precinct table. I might be overthinking, but would love suggestions!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hi Ashley, do you have a Pro plan? If so, the cleanest option might be to have two bases, one with a table for compiled addresses, and the other with a table with the “Signs” and “Precincts” table. You could then use the “Sync” function to sync the records from “Signs” and “Precincts” into the table for compiled addresses, and then get the Map block to display data from there. The sync is two way too

Alternatively, you could make an “Addresses” table in your current base and set up some automations / lookups to compile the data from “Signs” and “Precincts” into the “Addresses” table

Finally, you could just put all your data into a single table, and then create a “Signs” view and a “Precincts” view to handle the different workflows that you have

We’re pretty much just trying to work around the whole “Blocks can only take data from one table” situation I’m afraid

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hi Ashley, do you have a Pro plan? If so, the cleanest option might be to have two bases, one with a table for compiled addresses, and the other with a table with the “Signs” and “Precincts” table. You could then use the “Sync” function to sync the records from “Signs” and “Precincts” into the table for compiled addresses, and then get the Map block to display data from there. The sync is two way too

Alternatively, you could make an “Addresses” table in your current base and set up some automations / lookups to compile the data from “Signs” and “Precincts” into the “Addresses” table

Finally, you could just put all your data into a single table, and then create a “Signs” view and a “Precincts” view to handle the different workflows that you have

We’re pretty much just trying to work around the whole “Blocks can only take data from one table” situation I’m afraid

Unfortunately I don’t have a Pro plan (doing all this as a volunteer on a local campaign, so no real budget :grinning_face_with_sweat: ). But I can totally live with either of the other options and they provide the kind of clean separation I was really looking for to not mix our sign locations and precinct locations. I always forget about using different views strategically – that might be exactly what I need. Thanks so much for the advice!