Help

Re: Does airtable have timeouts/down-times etc. Is it very stable?

1005 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fran_Flynn
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m a new user and I’ve been very much enjoying setting up my bases for CRM and project management for the past few weeks. It’s working really well for me. I’ve had a sudden realisation though, if airtable has downtime or crashes my entire project management system and ability to have a clue about anything related to my clients and jobs would be gone! #MajorRisk I would like to find out how stable long-term users have found the platform and if anyone has any methodology for mitigating this risk please? Thank you.

9 Replies 9

Airtable provides ways to go back in time with record-level revision history and base snapshots.

You can view a living history of all the changes that have been made to a single record and jump back in time and restore your base to a previous state. Airtable provide a limited history for free plans, with extended histories for their premium plans.

fran_Flynn

Thank you for your reply, but what I mean is, does the system time out often?

If it was down for an hour (or more) at the wrong time, that would be hard/impossible for me to manage my business.

I’m not concerned about restoring my work, I’m concerned about how stable the airtable system itself is, ie. does it timeout, does it go down for maintenance, does it go offline for periods of time…

Hi @fran_Flynn

I have been using Airtable, quite a bit, for about 3 years and I have never experienced any timeouts or any downtime.

This has been my own experience.

Mary Kay

I have personally never experienced even a single second of Airtable downtime in over 2 years. Not even one brief moment of downtime. For me personally, it has been 100% completely reliable at all times.

fran_Flynn

Thanks a million, very heartening to know :slightly_smiling_face:

On the whole, Airtable has been very reliable for me. However, I cannot say that I’ve experienced 100% uptime.

A quick search of this community shows that there was probably momentary downtime back in January and March.

@kuovonne Good to know!

@fran_Flynn, One thing to keep in mind is that ALL cloud service providers probably have momentary downtime on occasion. Even Facebook and Twitter go down on rare occasions. Another example: my website is hosted with Squarespace (one of the largest web hosting providers), and my website has been down for a few hours on the rare occasion, due to Squarespace outages of some sort.

So overall, I would put Airtable into the same “top-notch category” of reliability as Facebook, Twitter, and Squarespace.

Thank you Scott. Yes, I’ve got 3 websites on SS, so it’s a good comparison. I’m glad to know that Airtable is that reliable. :slightly_smiling_face:

Fantastic, thank you :slightly_smiling_face: