1435 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Ettenheim
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have 90+ distinct, linked Brands. My Brands table has three duplicates of one brand, each with numerous records attached to them. The duplicates are all spelled correctly, and the same. How do I move records from the duplicates to one, to eliminate the duplication?
Many thanks,
Tim

4 Replies 4

Assuming the link field in the table in which the duplicates reside only contains one link to a Brand each:

Filter a view of that table where {Brand} = whatever your duplicates are named. Then copy one field, and paste into the entire row. This should move all links to only one duplicate. You could then go back to your [Brand] table and delete the duplicates which no longer have links.

CYD_APH

If you use the Dedupe Block it should find the duplicates and give you an option to merge them.

Merging records with the Dedupe block inherits one duplicate’s values for the linked field, it will not combine the values from all three duplicates.

I advise you do not use the Dedupe block until you get all associated records linked to just one of the duplicates.

Mission successful, many thanks for the directions and caution.
Tim