2939 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_Giles
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a table containing records of contacts, with columns for company, job title etc.

I’d like to create a second table in the same base that displays a subset of these records and syncs with the original table. For example, the second table might contain only records of contacts who work at a company called NewCo. And if I add a new record to the original table for an individual who works at NewCo, I’d like that record to automatically appear in the second table

I know I can use Groups to split up my original table by company, but that gets unwieldy quickly. Any thoughts on how I should proceed?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Hi @Jim_Giles - the “Airtable” way to do this is to use views (with filters) on your original table:

https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/202624989-Guide-to-views

JB

Thanks for helping a newbie :grinning:

Is there any way I can have each view live in a different table and have all the tables synced? That would make it easier to move between views.

Hi @Jim_Giles

In order for the data to sync between the table, you need to Link the Fields. However, the first Field cannot be linked, so you will need to move this data to the second field. Please check my similar reply here.

How do I create multiple tables for the same item?

If that doesn’t answer your question, feel free to explain more

Best Regards,
Mo

Thanks @Mohamed_Swellam. That works.

I’m not clear on the syncing though. If I add a new record to my original table, is there a way of getting it to automatically appear in my second table?

Hi @Jim_Giles,

I would need to see both tables to answer that question. What is the setup you have?

But a simple answer would be yes you can do that using Zaps.