362 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joy_Reed
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m having issues with the duration field. I’m trying to make a cue sheet for a composer, so I need to mark the duration of the music cue needed, but when I type in the value, Airtable changes the numbers. For instance:

If my settings are as follows:06%20AM

And I type in 020913, meaning 2 minutes, 09 seconds, 13 frames, Airtable converts that to 5:48:33.00, and I have no idea why.
If I type in 02:09:13, Airtable sees it for what it is: 2:09:13.00.

Is it my settings? I can’t copy the timecode directly from my NLE, so banging in the numbers via the number panel is the next most expedient – I don’t want to have to type out the colons between numbers, as that gets very fiddly.

Any suggestions?
Thanks for your time and help!

1 Reply 1

The Duration field is storing it’s value as a decimal that represents “seconds” in the background. It is showing you HH:MM:SS.ss, but ultimately the value it stores is a single number of total seconds.

So when you type in a single value, it takes that as seconds - 020913 is being interpreted by the Duration field as 20913 seconds, and then displaying that back to you as the number of HH:MM:SS.ss that many seconds converts to.

I think Duration field is not the best use for what you are doing. If I were you, I’d use a simple text field for input, and then have a formula field that parses and interprets your input the way you want it to.