Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Dynamic Form Submit Button Limiter

1368 10
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PedroCerrano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a very large, dynamic number of opportunities with a dynamic number of positions available in each opportunity. I want to limit the number of Form submissions to the total number of slots, depending on the opportunity. When registration opens, it’s a mad rush because the spots are first-come first-served. 

The number of opportunities are too large to monitor manually, and I don't want to deal with the headache of an automated email that says, "sorry, please try again." Its a potential for too many unhappy customers.

The Form is currently accessed through a button in an Interface, and I'm curious about the Record > Button: Rules > Visibility feature. Thinking I could hide the button to limit the access to the form (that's half of the challenge), but every time I click on the Visibility toggle, Airtable prompts me to upgrade without an explanation of how that would help. I've reached out to Support but haven't heard back. 

The rabbit hole took me to Fillout, which has amazing features, but the conditions were static and only available through URL params.

Can anyone think of any way I might accomplish this? Outside the box is welcome. 

10 Replies 10

@ScottWorld Still working on a solution for a dynamic form submission limiter using Fillout.

From what I tested today on Fillout, the "quantity remaining" was passed in through URL parameters, so it won't refresh, per se.

Right now, access to the form is through a button on a shared, public view. The button action opens a URL from a Prefilled Formula. In the URL formula, I created an IF() statement that keep the button active as long as the filled positions < total positions, like this:

IF({Filled Positions} < {Total Positions}, {Prefill Airtable Formula}, '')

I also embedded the shared view in a webpage, therefore, I have the view set to hide a row based on the same condition. 

I'll keep digging in Fillout to see if there's a way to refetch those values when navigating to a second page.