cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sappho_Hansen_S
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Airtable Fam!

I’m looking to find a formula that will help me make a dynamic status tracker.
I have a Projects sheet connected to a Tasks sheet, in which Projects can connect to multiple tasks but not vice versa, and Tasks can be marked “Done” with a Checkbox. I’d like to have a Single Select column in my Projects sheet that says “To Do” when no checkboxes are checked, “Pending” when some but not all checkboxes are checked, and “Done” when all checkboxes are checked, so it’s easy to see how far along my team and I are with our projects, and which Tasks have yet to be completed.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks everyone! ❤️

5 Replies 5
Adam_Minich
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hello @Sappho_Hansen_Smythe,

Adam from Airtable here. This is definitely possible and, because Airtable is flexible, there are potentially multiple ways to accomplish this.

I created this support article a while back that I believe will help. Admittedly, it can take a second to bring all of the parts together, but let me know if you run into any blockers. :slightly_smiling_face:

Aw heck yeah! Thank you so much!

Ooh actually I do have one more question. I was able to complete everything in your support article easily (thank you for being so clear! Love it!), but there’s one more thing I’d love to figure out:

Do you know of a way to connect the Calculation field to a Single Status field marking things “Done” and “Not Done”? It would be really cool to be able to see complete & incomplete tasks in a Kanban view as well, especially so my team can see more clearly what has been done already. Something like “if Calculation = Task complete, Status = Done”. Do you know if this is possible?

Hi again!

Glad to hear the support article helped!

I’d set up a “When a record matches conditions” trigger in an automation that would update the record’s status field based upon the formula’s output. Essentially, the “logic” would be implemented via the conditions matching in the trigger step.

Then, in a Kanban view, you could use the single-select status field to group the records in a stack.

Does that seem like it would help?

Ugh yes! That’s totally it. Thank you so much, you have a beautiful brain