309 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hearth
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Using Gmail for sending emails through automations, has anyone managed to insert a checker that then tells you if the email was opened, viewed, correctly received, etc.?

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Google doesn’t offer that service, so you would need to send your Gmail emails through an email service that provides “email activity tracking”. I have done this for my Airtable consulting clients using MailGun, and then it is fully automated through Airtable by using Make’s MailGun automations and integrationsIf you’ve never used Make before, I give training materials here.

I don't think that's possible I'm afraid.  I believe Sendgrid has that functionality and has an extension in the Airtable marketplace that might help with this?  I don't think they do automations though so you might end up needing to pair it with Zapier or something

SendGrid can be automated with Make’s SendGrid automations, but I do not typically recommend SendGrid because it is more difficult to setup than the alternatives.

However, one major benefit of using SendGrid is that they have a free plan. 

Also, I never recommend using Zapier, because Make is INFINITELY more powerful & customizable than Zapier, yet Make is also SIGNIFICANTLY CHEAPER than Zapier.

I wrote an entire post here comparing Make vs. Zapier: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-vs-zapier/737

I don’t personally know of any Airtable consultants who are still using Zapier, because of these reasons.