1082 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janice_Waugh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all, I have figured out a lot of the rich features of Airtable in my free version but I can’t figure out how to send a simple email to one person.

Think of this as direct sales. My sales person wants to send an email related to a conversation so the email has to be unique and it will only go once. How does she do that?

OR, we want to send an email to all clients with a specific status but, again, it’s a unique email, not something that should happen on an automated basis. Can I select the status and do a group send of a unique, one-time only email?

Your help will be extremely welcome.
Janice

7 Replies 7

Welcome to the Airtable community.

The free version of Airtable has limited abilities regarding emailing non-collaborators.

You can right-click a record to email the record to someone.

You can create a button with a “mail to” link to send an email using your regular email client.

You can create an integration with a 3rd party service, such as Zapier or Integromat to send emails. This will likely not be free.

If you upgrade to a pro plan, you can send emails with automations to non-collaborators. You could also use the SendGrid app to send individualized emails in bulk.

Thank you so much. We are a non-profit so I have no budget for pro versions of anything.

“You can create a button with a “mail to” link…”

• Can you send me a link to a tutorial on how to create this button.

“…to send an email using your regular email client.”

• is my regular email client the service I use like gmail?

“You can create an integration with a 3rd party service, such as Zapier”

• all the videos I watched on this were for automated emails. Is there information on just doing an integration for individual emails?

Again, thanks so much.

Thanks. I’ll try this today!

Thanks so much. It worked. I can now send an email to one person at a time.

What if I want to send a monthly newsletter/email to certain people on our contact list. The newsletter/email will be unique every time. What kind of integration should I look to for this.

I should mention, the list will not be large - less than 100 per email.

Janice

If you want to stay on the free plan and not use an email service, you can use your regular email and send the message in small batches. Draft your email, and copy/paste the email addresses from Airtable. You really have very limited options if you need to stay free.

Thanks. I can figure out a free workaround for the mass mail.

The email button is working great for individual emails. This is the button code: “mailto:” & Email Is it possible to make this open in a new window?

Is there a way to record the fact that an email was sent? Perhaps this should be in another tab called something like Emails Sent.

Your help is much appreciated.