Help

Re: Embed View asking viewers to sign in. Why?

587 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barbara_Tien
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there, friends. 

I've been using Airtable for a while, but in and out as I've only needed it for a few projects at a time. I've planned to use it now to showcase a series of upcoming events on my website. It's essentially a mini-CMS. This seems like a perfectly obvious and convenient use case. My problem is that when the "event" items are displayed in the view on the website, the interface pops up and annoys the viewer with a disruptive message that says "you're not logged in." (Screenshot below)

Well, why should they be? It's a public embed on a public website. What am I missing here? 

I realize that on my free plan, there's some risk that my viewers can modify my cards because I can't lock them. In this case with this audience, that's not a serious risk.

I am being a skinflint here as I build out a site and eventually form a non-profit.  If the only solution here right now for this is to pay the team rate, I'll just have to go find another solution. I think I'd just roll these into my webflow CMS on their free plan... and walk away from Airtable again. 😔

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 8.31.16 AM.png

2 Replies 2
Hannah_Wiginton
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hey Barbara,

I noticed this the other day too. Really a bad design decision. However, they won't be able to edit your data even if they login or create an account unless they're a User of your base.

I'm on a paid plan and this happens, so it's not just free. When we embed something, it's one thing to show the Airtable logo on there and a whole other thing to get a pop up about logging in. 🤦‍♀️ We are showcasing data, not wanting someone to login to view it.

I would suggest sending a request to support about it.

4 - Data Explorer

Hey, @Hannah, thanks so much for the quick reply. I totally agree and I really appreciate the support in this case. I'll do some more brute force testing to see if I can figure out what the trigger is. 

I promise to follow up here with any tips or clarifications I can get from support. This is just a head-scratcher. It can't just be a design goof.