4561 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Campanella
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m not sure the best way to do this but I would love some direction if anyone can help. I have a base with all my upcoming events and their contacts and organizations putting them on (we have multiple each week). In one table are the Events and all their information. In another Contacts and the last is the Organization putting it on. I would love to keep track of which employees are working each event. What is the best way to have an Employee table and then add employees to each event and see it cleanily? (I have relationships across all 3 already) Would making an employee table, then link it to the events table and using a gallery view be the best way? The employee could potentially be scheduled to multiple upcoming events at the same time. Thank you in advance for any help!

4 Replies 4

You would need 3 tables: Employees, Events, and Schedule.

This is called a “many-to-many relationship”, and the Schedule table will act as your “junction” table.

Here is the key piece of information that you will need to know: Each record in the Schedule table is linked to ONLY ONE employee and ONLY ONE Event.

So the Schedule table acts as the “intersection” between Schedules and Events, from which you can create calendar views, gallery views, etc. that are all based on scheduling.

Here is Airtable’s guide on creating many-to-many relationships:

Also, this may not be helpful at all, but my free Airtable training course specifically covers how to build an Event Scheduling system.

However, I do NOT cover many-to-many relationships, since it is just a beginning-level course. So you likely have already mastered all the skills that are in my course:

Oh, I should also mention that if your company has a budget for your project and you ever need to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with your system, please feel free to contact me through my website:

I haven’t explored junction tables yet so i will look into that! I was hoping to have multiple employees assigned to each event so i am not sure if this will work the way i was thinking. Do you suggest a better way to go about this or would that be the best way? Thank you for your help!

Yes, this is the way.

Ok, Thank You for your help! I will keep your info if we need a consultant.