2353 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyndon_Penson
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there any way you can expand/drill into a record, BUT only view particular fields?

It’s great to expand the record but with every field visible it’s quite an unclear “view”

Thanks Lyndon

3 Replies 3
Polen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Totally agree. It’d be great if the expanded record only showed the view’s fields. Or at least show them and then have the option to expand to see the other fields.

Arlo_Haskell
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This would be great. I organize an event and am creating multiple views in my contacts table to be able to see the selected data fields that are relevant to different types of contacts – attendees, presenters, donors, contractors, etc. I often use the expanded record view to create new records in other tables (flights, hotel rooms, financial transactions) via linked fields. As it is now, the “expanded record view” displays all of the fields in the table and makes it tedious to get to the ones I need while erasing the utility that the multiple views provide.

Izaac_Post
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I wish you could. You can do that when designing a form. This might get more traction in the “Feature Requests” category.