1399 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex_agi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a formula to have a checked checkbox to uncheck itself after 12 hours?

11 Replies 11

Hi Alex

If you take this approach, you would either need to link the records or, if they were created from the Inventory table, the link would be created automatically. A bit more cumbersome than simply checking a box but not that bad.

The main issue will be the number of records created - you will probably want to delete these quite frequently (easy to do manually if you use a filtered view to show all the records to delete).

Like @Julian_Kirkness said, if you create them from within the Inventory table, they are automatically linked:
2018-11-01 14.51.17.gif

Also like @Julian_Kirkness said, if you are on a free account, this may not work well for you, as you’ll end up with lots of records. But if historical data is of use to you, like it is for me (I have to keep many of my records for 5 years to maintain accreditation standards), then this is a good way to ensure you have the entire history of checks that were made. You can easily create a view in the Check Records table that filters to show records Where {Date} /is on or before/ /number of days ago/ 365 or something like that, and then just delete everything in that view periodically.