2069 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malcolm_Jack
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to copy a base schema between accounts?

So I don’t need the data - but I’d like to copy the schema (all the tables in a base) to another account. Is there an easy way to do this?

7 Replies 7

Hi,

Ask other account to grant creator access in his workspace, restore your last base snapshot into it, go to base and delete all records (if needed). I didn’t try but I think, it’s possible.

other way - is to use scripting to get base schema (list of tables/fields) and then create them by script in other place. but there will be a mess with options, and some field types cannot be created by script

Yves
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Two years later and still no better solution? 😞 

Thank you Alexey for this workaround. Still I would love to see such a feature. It's annoying to do all of this by hand. There should be a template function for new tables.

I think you should better duplicate it with 'Copy records' off.

Yves

Unfortunately this does not work cross base / workspace. Or does it?

Alexey_Gusev_0-1700507313936.png

Yves

Thank you. The new base already exists. Any way with existing bases?

EDIT: The best way I came up with, is to sync the table and then stop the sync, but keep the records. Not the best solution since the schema is not 100% correct, but it did the trick for me.

If the base with such name already exists, change Name.
The solution you described works for copy table. You starting the sync then choose "Copy this data into a new table that you can edit" - option designed for copying a table.