cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben_Engel
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi All,

I’ve got a client that wants to be able to view airtable data in wix.

This has been easy enough when using a grid - eg customer comments for the last month.

But,… what I’d like to do is have a chart eg “customer satisfaction by month” grid data is “date” and “rating” (values of 1, 2 or 3).

The awful solution i can think of is manually export to csv, generate the chart, save as image, the save to webpage - but that is awful. Is there something I could do with API? That is way beyond my capabilities though (but I’d happily accept help or pay someone via a freelancer app)

I’m not committed to wix so if there is another way I’m open to that.

Thanks heaps in Advance :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

While the API can do amazing things, it sounds like overkill for your situation, and it would also depend on whether or not Wix has a compatible API.

Do you need a fully automated process, or would a less intensive manual process still work?

It sounds like you have two issues:

1. creating the chart
  2. getting the chart to the website

You can easily create charts in Airtable with the Chart Block. Note that the Chart Block requires a Pro subscription.

However, these charts cannot be directly embedded in a web page, so you still need to figure out step 2.

One way of getting an image from an Attachment field in Airtable to a website is to use a WordPress website (instead of Wix) with the Airpress plugin.

While this process still requires taking a screen capture of the chart, saving it to a file, then uploading it to Airtable, it is much less work than the process you were describing.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

While the API can do amazing things, it sounds like overkill for your situation, and it would also depend on whether or not Wix has a compatible API.

Do you need a fully automated process, or would a less intensive manual process still work?

It sounds like you have two issues:

1. creating the chart
  2. getting the chart to the website

You can easily create charts in Airtable with the Chart Block. Note that the Chart Block requires a Pro subscription.

However, these charts cannot be directly embedded in a web page, so you still need to figure out step 2.

One way of getting an image from an Attachment field in Airtable to a website is to use a WordPress website (instead of Wix) with the Airpress plugin.

While this process still requires taking a screen capture of the chart, saving it to a file, then uploading it to Airtable, it is much less work than the process you were describing.

Hi Kuovonne,. thanks heaps for your reply.

Thinking about it now,… I think I’ll propose creating a summary view and then dragging that across.

Really appreciate your help :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s another idea. It really depends on how the data is structured, and the exact info you want. But you can fake a horizontal bar chart in a grid view.

1. Create a table with one row for each row in the horizontal bar chart. (Or used an existing table.)

2. Have formulas or linked-records/rollups to calculate the number value for the bar chart.

3. Have another formula field turn that value into a series of emoji, depending on the value.

4. Share the fully automated grid view!

Hey I like that !! :slightly_smiling_face: and I think the client will find it quirky and fun too. Thanks heaps again for your help.