365 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GN_FMP
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a ‘Payment receipt’ form I want my users to fill in to confirm they received the compensations I send them, and I need to keep a record of who completes this form.
I have a user database table, and Payment receipts table (and form). When a user fills in their Payment receipt form, I’d like the corresponding ‘Payment receipt’ column in my users database table to get automatically populated.

It seems like a simple thing to me, but I really can’t figure out how to set this up and if it’s even possible. I’m really new to Airtable and databases so it might be something really basic, sorry!

2 Replies 2
Narek_Bayadyan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey,

We’ve built Softr.io, which is a no-code tool for building web apps and websites, using Airtable as a database. It’s really easy to achieve what you’ve described with Softr, so you can sign up and give it a try (we have a free plan).

We also have a detailed guide on sending data from a form to Airtable.

Hope that helps.

Forms only create new records; they don’t update existing records. So you would need to use an automation to do this.

The exact solution depends on the primary field in your users table. For example, if your primary field in the users table is an email address, then make sure the user enters their email address into a normal email field on your receipts form.

After the receipts form is submitted (I.e. the new record is created), use an automation to copy the email address into the linked record field that links the receipts table to the users table.

For anything more advanced than this, you would need to write a custom JavaScript, or run an external automation with Integromat or Zapier, or use a portal like MiniExtensions.com.