Help

Re: For four days, forms on mobile Safari do not let user to choose in date fields and selection fie

261 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don_Tran
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We cannot select anything in date fields nor single-select fields. Selection in link fields are fine. 

The forms are not restricted to the company's domain. They are password protected. Users use the forms on Safari app on iPads.

I can fill and submit the forms without problem on a computer under my account. 

I assume that the problem occurs throughout 2 pm--5am UTC, but this is a guess.

2 Replies 2
Don_Tran
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just discovered that when Safari is on Mobile Website mode, the forms work. When I "Request Desktop Website", the forms do not work in that mode.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah, unfortunately, Airtable is currently broken in dozens of different ways on iPads, so Airtable can not be effectively used on iPads at the moment.

And you’ve just scratched the tip of the iceberg there. You also can’t switch between different tabs in grid view, and dozens of other problems with Airtable on an iPad.

For starters, be sure to report these bugs to support@airtable.com. Airtable is really bad about fixing bugs in their product, so we can only hope & pray that they will fix these problems in a timely manner.

In the meantime, if you need form functionality on your iPads, you can get 100% working forms by rebuilding your forms with Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable.

Not only do Fillout’s Airtable forms work perfectly on iPads, but even more importantly, Fillout is an advanced form replacement for Airtable that offers hundreds of features that Airtable’s native forms don’t offer, including the ability to update Airtable records from a form, the ability to display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, the ability to have dynamic conditional selections of linked record fields, the ability to perform math or other live calculations on your forms, the ability to accept payments on forms, the ability to have multi-page forms with conditional paths, the ability to create new linked records on a form, visually displaying as many fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list (including attachment fields), limiting the number of linked records that can be chosen, uploading an unlimited amount of attachments at the same time, and much more.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld