599 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njg
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a form within a table. This form has a field that's a link to record type - City. When I view this field +Add City, it shows me the City and the State so I know the context. This works within the Airtable app only.  If I share this form and then want to +Add City, it doesn't show me the City and State so the context is lost. I have two cities with the same name but I don't know which state so I can't pick the right one.

How do I see the same pop-up modal with City AND State view that I see when I am in the Airtable app? I am just choosing the City and the state is auto filled but the user needs to see the State so they know which City to Add.

4 Replies 4

I'm afraid you can't do that.  The workaround people usually use is to make the primary field a formula field that displays all the information you want the user to have in the form

Within your context, you would:
1. Duplicate the "City" field
2. Convert the primary field to a "Formula" field with a formula like: `{City} & " - " & {State}`, so that the primary field shows both pieces of information

njg

Hmmm. how would I make that a look up so the user selects the "City" only? and it fills in the city field? I am trying to think through how I could make it work - its not coming to me right now 🙂

Could you provide screenshots of what you're seeing after you tried out what I suggested and screenshots of what you'd like to see instead please?

njg

njg_0-1680055370793.png

This is the form editor view where you can see the City (AND State) even though I use City field. 

njg_1-1680055509244.png

In this form view (sharing) mode, that I want to people to select City, you can see that only the City shows up and not the state so if I type "Las Vegas", I have two of them - don't know which one to choose

njg_2-1680055561431.png