cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philipp_Grunewa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello hello,

I have not been able to find any information about this.

I am trying to use a single form to gather data for two (linked) tables. Is that possible?
If yes, how do I do it?

Thank you.
best wishes,
Philipp

5 Replies 5
BDD
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi. Since the form is tied to one particular table/record, I don’t that’s possible in a single form populating both tables directly. If the tables are linked, you should be able to obtain the data for both tables by creating the form in table A, then use a lookup in table B to obtain the data from the form.

You can’t do it in single form. However, it is possible by chaining two forms together. My profile currently contains a link to a post where I discussed how to do this.

Thank you.

It looks like I need to upgrade to a paid account for that. Is there a way of doing this without upgrading?

I just thought I could create a table for the data gathering and then use lookup to transfer it into the other tables… there is lots of problems with that but that is the only way I can think of.

any other suggestions?

The main options that I can think of for now are

• lots of look ups (which may or may not be problematic depending on how your data is structured)
  • prefilled forms in a free Airtable account & manually creating links in bulk
  • a paid Airtable account for automatic chaining of
  • a paid 3rd party integration

Thank you. I created a new table to manage this. I will split the data from there later.

Cheers