Help

Re: Formula for Multiple Select Field - Returning result only if one item has been selected

Solved
Jump to Solution
559 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelly_Bartholet
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I’ve got a table with 3 fields:

Customer (Single Line Text)
Interests (Multiple Select Field)
VTS (Formula Field)

and I’m trying to get the VTS field to populate with the Customer Code if “VTS” has been selected in the Interests field.

I used the formula IF({Interests} = “VTS”, {Customer}) Screenshot 2021-02-13 231010|700x490
and it returned a result when “VTS” was the only item selected in the Interests field, but not when more than one option had been selected.

I’m assuming it’s the equals sign that needs editing, but I’m not sure what I need to replace it with. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Try

IF(Find(“VTS”,{Interests}) > 0,{Customer})

Cheers.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Try

IF(Find(“VTS”,{Interests}) > 0,{Customer})

Cheers.

Hi augmented. Thanks for your reply. I tried copy/pasting this into the formula field but it came up with the error message ‘Invalid formula. Please check your formula text’.

I tried adding a space after the commas (that’s the extent of my trouble shooting abilities, LOL), but that didn’t change anything.

augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Kelly, try removing the quotes around VTS and then type them in manually. Lots of quotes, when copy/pasted from elsewhere, come into Airtable as curly quotes. Those are not good.

Otherwise, I’m stumped. Good luck.

That did the trick! Thanks again for your help. :slightly_smiling_face: