cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjm
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! 

I am new to Airtable but my organization has been somewhat using it for a bit now. Our main workspace as 14 collaborators listed as a creator or an owner. In the workspace settings, they're listed as billable collaborators but we've never paid for an account.

My first question is this, how are we using 1 workspace with 14 collaborators listed? I do know they're not all actively using it but they do have accounts so I'm not sure if that matters.

My second question is: I'm needing to create a separate workspace with just 2 of us as collaborators. Will we need to upgrade our plan to have a separate shared workspace? It needs to be a workspace and not a base as the information isn't accessible to every one in the organization. 

I appreciate any help and insight to the matter. 

2 Replies 2
SergioCodes
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

It is possible for your organization to use a free plan in Airtable, which allows unlimited collaborators on a workspace. As long as your collaborators have Airtable accounts, they can be added to the workspace, even if they are not actively using it. However, some advanced features, revision history, and backups are only available on paid plans.

To create a new workspace with just two collaborators, you can go to your Airtable dashboard and click on the "Create a workspace" button. From there, you can invite your collaborators to the new workspace by entering their email addresses. There is no need to upgrade to a paid plan for this, as Airtable allows you to create multiple workspaces on the free plan.

I hope this answers your question, and please let me know if you have any further inquiries

Sergio
InAir Studio

If  your existing workspace is a free workspace, it must be a legacy free workspace. If you create a new free workspace, you can have a maximum of 5 owner/creator/editors.

On the other hand, you might have some confusion about who is paying for the workspace and how. Individuals on the base who are creators do not pay for their accounts. Rather one of the owners of the base pays for all the billable collaborators. it is also possible (but unlikely) that the account has somehow enough Airtable credits that the owner has not been charged in a while. 

Unless your organization has an enterprise license, billing for Airtable occurs on the workspace level. So if you create a new free, plus, or pro workspace, it will have its own billing independent of any other free, plus, or pro workspaces.