Help

Front-end Comparison of Data From API's (for instance)

Topic Labels: Integrations
449 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthew_Moran
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Looking for suggestions. This is now coming up for two clients. We'll focus on one, for now, as the concept/challenge is the same.

I have a client - mortgage company - using Airtable for group workflow. We move data between 3 systems for now. Airtable, a CRM (Bonzo), and their Loan generation software.

There are times they need to compare data when there are discrepancies. The inability to generate a dynamic form, where I can display any discrepancies, the source data, and allow the client to select which data takes precedence, from within Airtable is a problem.

Currently, for one client who uses Google Docs, I have a Google Apps Script app. For this client, I store the json from their external service in a table. I have a link to the GAS app that reads the log file, the stored JSON, presents the discrepancies, and allows them to choose their "correct" data.

I would much prefer this process stay in Airtable.

Are there any plans to provide any type of dynamic front-end HTML forms inside Airtable?

For anyone else out there who sends and receives data from external systems, how do you handle when data may have been changed in one of the other systems and is different than what's in Airtable? (or vice-versa).

Thanks.

1 Reply 1
Steve_Haysom
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You could create a form using a custom extension.