928 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
typo
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Many dependency workflows happen within a single day. The current gantt block doesn’t allow for that. It assumes at least a day between all dependencies (it generates a red flag if a dependency sequence shares a single date) In the Gantt chart, we need a way to link/view dependency sequences within a single day. Maybe allow dependencies by date AND time? Or provide some other way to link them?

5 Replies 5
Abdelrahman_Am1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I was building a Gantt chart right now and can’t believe I bumped into this limitation. There does need to be a schedule by date AND time. to schedule tasks in the same day.

MFAB
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The new Gantt View is a huge stride especially that it allows grouping! Please allow dependency down to the granular level of date & time and add a Day Zoom level showing hours. Ideally we will eventually be able to block out available hours similar to other more robust gantt based PM platforms as shown on the screenshot below (from viewpath.com). Either that or create a thorough internal or Zapier integration with Microsoft Project or Viewpath.com. Thank you for your continued development of a powerful platform with SO much potential.
2021-03-02-Viewpath-Screenshot

Janice_Levenha1

Well...it's 2023 and this is still an issue. I'm trying to create a gantt chart for production and I need to see tasks broken down by time and to be able to see a day view, not just a week. Some of the tasks take as little as 15 minutes and there are over 100 of them over 5 days for two people. Now I need to go find another tool that is more capable but that also magically can connect back to Airtable for scheduling. This is a huge block for us as a company. Good thing I realized this significant issue before I wasted more time!

What direction have you headed? This is also a pain point for my base.

I am sad to say that I wasn’t able to find anything 🥺 I searched for hours for another to. Now I’m having to manually create it in google sheets to get the visual I want, and then I’ll add the times back to Airtable for daily scheduling and time tracking. It’s a semi-recurring schedule, so it makes a bit more sense than if it were different each week, but still a lot of extra work and prone to errors.