cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ed_p_may
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I wonder if I can somehow give a copy of a Base to another user?

I have a blank Template base (with just the column names and formulas and such) and I would like to give a copy of this Base to another user. This other user is NOT part of my company or organization. I do NOT want them to be a 'collaborator' in any senses - I just want to hand off a single copy of the Base to them, and then they can do whatever they want with it, and not involve us at all (or our account at all). Is this possible somehow?

thank you!

-Ed

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There are multiple ways of doing this.

I think the simplest method is to create a share of the entire base with the ability to copy the base. You can remove the share link after the other person has made a copy. All the formulas will copy over. However, automations might not copy over.

kuovonne_0-1725900026544.png

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

If you want them to have access to formulas I think you'll need to invite them as a read-only collaborator I'm afraid, and then they'll need to duplicate it into their own workspace

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There are multiple ways of doing this.

I think the simplest method is to create a share of the entire base with the ability to copy the base. You can remove the share link after the other person has made a copy. All the formulas will copy over. However, automations might not copy over.

kuovonne_0-1725900026544.png